Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Self- restraint

Ten hours ago, I felt the urge to ask you again that same question I have been asking for more than two months now. I, still stupidly optimistic, believed that you would answer me already. Just a single word would suffice, even if that word were a “yes”. I just wanted to hear from you, even if all I would hear were cuss and curses. At least I would know (As if your actions or lack thereof this entire time hasn’t been saying it all.)

Well, I didn’t. At least it didn’t frustrate me that all the courage I would have summed up and the pride I would have swallowed went to waste. That I would be talking to a wall again.

Maybe someday I will get tired too. I will get too tired to care anymore and will just let things be, vague and unresolved. Until that day comes, I have to tie myself up to a tree once in a while.

No comments: