Saturday, March 11, 2006

Simple and Clean

Trivia: The usual bathroom to dormer ratio in Narra is 1:50. A bathroom has two sinks, four toilets, and six (four functional) shower cubicles. The 1:50 ratio is no big deal since dormers do not use the bathroom all at the same time, although queues form around 8AM.

There is this bathroom, however, intended only for two maintenance personnel and a security guard. This is where I secretly bathe.

I don’t know why but every time I take my morning shower, I feel so perky and giggly. Maybe it’s the cool water against my skin. Maybe it’s the fact that I am alone in the bathroom. No one will hear and mind my singing and monologues/"autodialogues". Haha.

Morning baths make me feel simple and clean. The water washes the misery, worries, insecurities, the negativity down the drain, even just temporarily. Just what I need to keep my sanity.

Simple and Clean (snippet)
by Utada Hikaru

When you walk away
You don’t hear me say please
Oh baby, don’t go
Simple and clean is the way that you’re making me feel tonight
It’s hard to let it go

Hold me
Whatever lies beyond this morning
Is a little later on
Regardless of warnings the future doesn’t scare me at all
Nothing’s like before

If only I could have someone to make me feel the same. I am not asking for much, a friend will do fine.

On second thought, maybe it is too much to ask. I guess I will just have to get used to feeling shitty at the end of each day.

No comments: