Up Dharma Down
Jazel and I met up at Chix & Treats to discuss details of the CE Induction Ball this Friday, after which we went to Rustan’s. She bought some stuff, I bought Choco Baby, and we stalked her Econ 151 professor. When we were already outside, I noticed the fluorescent signboard of Magnet and read “Up Dharma Down” (UDD) on it. “Shet, I wanna watch!”
Since I was bored, as usual, and was thinking of ways to kill time, I dragged Jazel with me to Magnet. I asked the waiter and he said the ticket costs P150 and that the show would start in thirty minutes (It was 9PM). I bought one ticket. Very spur-of-the-moment.
Fast forward. I asked Dia to accompany me. She agreed (after me telling her that this would be our last and all that drama). The first band, Daydream Cycle, started playing at 10:30. Their music was okay, dreamy as the band’s name suggested, filled with synthesizers much like UDD’s. I believe I already caught once on MTV their music video.
After four songs or so, it was UDD’s turn. God, was I excited I kept squeezing Dia’s thigh to contain myself! The band, especially Armi, exceeded my expectations. She impressed the crowd with her voice (my mouth was open the whole time.) She could belt and she could do difficult riffs as if she were black. I love her!
I know only two of their songs, “Maybe” and “Pag-agos” (my current fave) since these already have music videos, but I enjoyed their whole set. I am definitely buying their album Fragmented (unless my friend lends me her CD). Too bad copies are sold out and new ones will not be released until next week.
Up to this moment, my heart still beats rapidly. Even if I wasn’t able to consume the free beer that came with the ticket, UDD was still worth every peso! Armi's left arm brushed my back. I also saw Rock Drilon and his and Ces Orena-Drilon's (are they annulled or just separated?) son.
To finish, I quote a line from their song “Oo”.
Malas mo ikaw natipuhan ko. More like Malas KO ikaw natipuhan ko. Haha.
Jazel and I met up at Chix & Treats to discuss details of the CE Induction Ball this Friday, after which we went to Rustan’s. She bought some stuff, I bought Choco Baby, and we stalked her Econ 151 professor. When we were already outside, I noticed the fluorescent signboard of Magnet and read “Up Dharma Down” (UDD) on it. “Shet, I wanna watch!”
Since I was bored, as usual, and was thinking of ways to kill time, I dragged Jazel with me to Magnet. I asked the waiter and he said the ticket costs P150 and that the show would start in thirty minutes (It was 9PM). I bought one ticket. Very spur-of-the-moment.
Fast forward. I asked Dia to accompany me. She agreed (after me telling her that this would be our last and all that drama). The first band, Daydream Cycle, started playing at 10:30. Their music was okay, dreamy as the band’s name suggested, filled with synthesizers much like UDD’s. I believe I already caught once on MTV their music video.
After four songs or so, it was UDD’s turn. God, was I excited I kept squeezing Dia’s thigh to contain myself! The band, especially Armi, exceeded my expectations. She impressed the crowd with her voice (my mouth was open the whole time.) She could belt and she could do difficult riffs as if she were black. I love her!
I know only two of their songs, “Maybe” and “Pag-agos” (my current fave) since these already have music videos, but I enjoyed their whole set. I am definitely buying their album Fragmented (unless my friend lends me her CD). Too bad copies are sold out and new ones will not be released until next week.
Up to this moment, my heart still beats rapidly. Even if I wasn’t able to consume the free beer that came with the ticket, UDD was still worth every peso! Armi's left arm brushed my back. I also saw Rock Drilon and his and Ces Orena-Drilon's (are they annulled or just separated?) son.
To finish, I quote a line from their song “Oo”.
Malas mo ikaw natipuhan ko. More like Malas KO ikaw natipuhan ko. Haha.
No comments:
Post a Comment