You Have Me
How can I be sensitive and insensitive at the same time?
When you asked me during YEC I told you I still didn’t know. That as much as possible rationality would determine my choice. That was how I decided last year, and until now, I don’t regret it. That was how I felt and you said you were a bit hurt.
This morning while I was in the shower, I kept on thinking and rethinking about your question and my reply. I realized how insensitive I was to say those things. That was how I felt (or thought) but I should have just kept silent. You weren’t hurt just a bit.
At the tambayan, you told me you wanted to talk to me. After all these come to pass. That time my mind was finally made up. You have me. I told you so. You asked, “What happened to us?” Tears ran down your face. I just awkwardly smiled.
What happened to us? I don’t know.
How can I be sensitive and insensitive at the same time?
When you asked me during YEC I told you I still didn’t know. That as much as possible rationality would determine my choice. That was how I decided last year, and until now, I don’t regret it. That was how I felt and you said you were a bit hurt.
This morning while I was in the shower, I kept on thinking and rethinking about your question and my reply. I realized how insensitive I was to say those things. That was how I felt (or thought) but I should have just kept silent. You weren’t hurt just a bit.
At the tambayan, you told me you wanted to talk to me. After all these come to pass. That time my mind was finally made up. You have me. I told you so. You asked, “What happened to us?” Tears ran down your face. I just awkwardly smiled.
What happened to us? I don’t know.
No comments:
Post a Comment