Holocaust
It's the rainy season and ants are supposed to be in their colonies feasting away on all the bits and pieces of food they've stockpiled during summer. Then why did I just see not one but three queues of red ants inside the house, two in the kitchen and one in the dining area lining up for the insignificant crumbs of the fried chicken served for lunch?
I wasn't able to help it but the sight of them just channeled the Hitler in me, eager to indulge in neat freakiness and relentless sadism.
The ants on the dining table met a fiery demise. Well, not really. In my first attempt, I lit one of those bulky, yellow candles and poured the melted wax on the ants. This proved to be inefficient since the wax didn't melt fast enough and after the first drip, which petrified only seven ants, the rest went berserk, escaping in all directions.
For half an hour, I waited before they realigned themselves. While waiting, I boiled water and in my second and successful attempt, I slid the piping hot kettle against the ant line before finally pouring the scalding water on the ants. (Yes, I went through such trouble.) You should've seen how they curled up the instant the heat shocked their frail, tiny, insect bodies. Nyahaha. >:)
The other ants welcomed a less dramatic death. Those on the kitchen sink I drowned in liquid soap and those around the garbage bin I sprayed with Baygon.
Oh, the massacre! What monstrosity! Poor creatures. I'm bored.
It's the rainy season and ants are supposed to be in their colonies feasting away on all the bits and pieces of food they've stockpiled during summer. Then why did I just see not one but three queues of red ants inside the house, two in the kitchen and one in the dining area lining up for the insignificant crumbs of the fried chicken served for lunch?
I wasn't able to help it but the sight of them just channeled the Hitler in me, eager to indulge in neat freakiness and relentless sadism.
The ants on the dining table met a fiery demise. Well, not really. In my first attempt, I lit one of those bulky, yellow candles and poured the melted wax on the ants. This proved to be inefficient since the wax didn't melt fast enough and after the first drip, which petrified only seven ants, the rest went berserk, escaping in all directions.
For half an hour, I waited before they realigned themselves. While waiting, I boiled water and in my second and successful attempt, I slid the piping hot kettle against the ant line before finally pouring the scalding water on the ants. (Yes, I went through such trouble.) You should've seen how they curled up the instant the heat shocked their frail, tiny, insect bodies. Nyahaha. >:)
The other ants welcomed a less dramatic death. Those on the kitchen sink I drowned in liquid soap and those around the garbage bin I sprayed with Baygon.
Oh, the massacre! What monstrosity! Poor creatures. I'm bored.
No comments:
Post a Comment