Brown or Black?
Tongues of flame flickered. They consumed every ounce of oxygen the breeze carried while it blew through the dusty windows. The temperature rose to a certain degree I just felt the back of my shirt damp from the sweat it absorbed. Something wanted to take over me. I had to get out.
It was much cooler outside, but all I could see were abstractions. I had to take careful, little steps so as not to trip on something which was out of sight. In a matter of seconds the the pupils of my eyes dilated to adapt to the dark surroundings. Shapes began to form.
The moon, half as it was, radiated a weak glow just bright enough to cast my shadow against the white, towering wall I faced. The sky was purple and starless, and ocassionally, clouds smothered the moon, blocking the weak light that painted my silhouette.
I grew oblivious to the thing, which I wanted to run away from inside the house, until the mosquitoes concurred to make a feast out of my limbs. Right then and there the urge to scream, no, shriek like a banshee was too irresistible to satisfy.
FVCK THE LOCAL ELECTRIC COMPANY! FVCK! FVCK! FVCK!
But of course I didn't. It would have been scandalous and embarassing. So I just mumbled every cuss word I knew as I walked back inside the house.
Fvcking brownout.
Tongues of flame flickered. They consumed every ounce of oxygen the breeze carried while it blew through the dusty windows. The temperature rose to a certain degree I just felt the back of my shirt damp from the sweat it absorbed. Something wanted to take over me. I had to get out.
It was much cooler outside, but all I could see were abstractions. I had to take careful, little steps so as not to trip on something which was out of sight. In a matter of seconds the the pupils of my eyes dilated to adapt to the dark surroundings. Shapes began to form.
The moon, half as it was, radiated a weak glow just bright enough to cast my shadow against the white, towering wall I faced. The sky was purple and starless, and ocassionally, clouds smothered the moon, blocking the weak light that painted my silhouette.
I grew oblivious to the thing, which I wanted to run away from inside the house, until the mosquitoes concurred to make a feast out of my limbs. Right then and there the urge to scream, no, shriek like a banshee was too irresistible to satisfy.
FVCK THE LOCAL ELECTRIC COMPANY! FVCK! FVCK! FVCK!
But of course I didn't. It would have been scandalous and embarassing. So I just mumbled every cuss word I knew as I walked back inside the house.
Fvcking brownout.
2 comments:
FVCK!
Buti na lang di nagbabrownout sa amin!
wahehehe...
hi! i visited your blog na rin. :)
Post a Comment