Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Girlalu

"My Girl" premiered a few hours ago on ABS-CBN. I'm not really big on the Koreanovelas the station has been acquiring. In the first place, I don't consider myself a Kapamilya (because being Kapuso transcends being Kapamilya or Kabarkada. May ganyon?!) However, generalization is a deadly sin.

I must admit, "My Girl", especially Lee Da Hae's comic antics, elicited resounding guffaws (OA?) from me and my sister (We're so mababaw.) The first time I've seen Lee Da Hae she played a bitter ex-grlfriend in "Sweet 18". But, enough about her. I'm here to talk about Lee Dong Wook. :D

Sheeet! Isn't he so gorgeous? I mean, the man's got a facial structure that is to die for. God, I'm such a sucker for prominent cheekbones and strong, square jawlines. His eyes also are just of the right shape, not too chinky. His nose, his lips, his teeth; the list goes on. Sigh. At certain angles, one may even mistake him for Jo/Zo In Sung ("Memories of Bali", "Spring Days").

Main cast of "My Girl"

From left to right: Lee Dong Wook (the eyeglasses don't give my description justice; nonetheless, the hot-nerd look is still, er, hot), Lee Da Hae, an actor (no, not "actress", people don't use that anymore) I don't care about, and Lee Jun Ki.

Trivia: Lee Jun Ki played the crossdressing gay court jester (oh, what a pretty lady he would be) in The King and Clown (2005), which currently holds the South Korean box office record of being the highest grossing film of all time. Also, Jazel fancies him so much. Haha.

The King and the Clown


Speaking of gays, I watched Vicky Morales' "I-Witness" documentary "Dalaginding". I can help but cry in joy that the dalagindings featured have open-minded parents, families, and friends to accept them. But of course, there are still bigots in this world I am more than willing to, um... pray for?

2 comments:

Ivan said...

sa memories of bali, si paolo, yung spoiled rich son nung company ceo.

nasa the classic rin siya. :)

sinong nagsabing gay siya?

Ivan said...

hay naku, that's not true.

ganun lang talaga some korean men, as if they came straight from a shonen-ai manga.