Paranoid Klutz
The other night I had this strange dream where I was sitting near the edge of a roof. With great caution I restrained movement lest the roof would collapse and I would fall (I have acrophobia, you see.) Then a bird that looked like an oversized raven suddenly appeared out of nowhere. With its wide, majestic wings it glided in circles much like how a scavenging vulture would atop an animal seconds away from being a carcass. In the dream I felt as if I was that dying animal because every minute or so the bird flew towards me and pecked ferociously. In one of its attacks, it managed to tear a tiny piece of flesh off my leg. Of course, in defense, I shooed the bird away but I also kept worrying that the roof would give to my movement any moment.
Why am I writing about this? Because a while ago the plate I was taking out of the microwave slipped off my grip by accident and shattered on the floor. A bad omen? This incident and my dream, are they signs ofbad worse things to come, or am I just a klutz gone paranoid because of excessive wakefulness?
The other night I had this strange dream where I was sitting near the edge of a roof. With great caution I restrained movement lest the roof would collapse and I would fall (I have acrophobia, you see.) Then a bird that looked like an oversized raven suddenly appeared out of nowhere. With its wide, majestic wings it glided in circles much like how a scavenging vulture would atop an animal seconds away from being a carcass. In the dream I felt as if I was that dying animal because every minute or so the bird flew towards me and pecked ferociously. In one of its attacks, it managed to tear a tiny piece of flesh off my leg. Of course, in defense, I shooed the bird away but I also kept worrying that the roof would give to my movement any moment.
Why am I writing about this? Because a while ago the plate I was taking out of the microwave slipped off my grip by accident and shattered on the floor. A bad omen? This incident and my dream, are they signs of
No comments:
Post a Comment