Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Jasmin

The Madame struck terror in this faint heart of mine. I trembled and palpitated as if I was seconds away from that major stroke that fatefully would invalid me for the rest of my aimless, inconsequential existence.

However, for me to even reach that point, the first five minutes of class she spent telling-off-slash-bitching-on-slash-humiliating poor, clueless students unsuspecting of the scourging awaiting them was rather short (unlike this sentence). God, never will I absent or be late for class again.

After that, all went well. I even read in front of her and the whole class the chapter summary paper my groupmates and I picked to present. Actually, I volunteered because, one, I had no paper to contribute to our group (I was absent the previous meeting, okay) and, two, because I thought it was an ingenious way to get on the good side of (in short, suck up to) Madame.

1 comment:

zelina said...

Good job, Ivan!

A few more of those volunteering and you're on your way to being Madame's favorite!=)