Sunday, June 18, 2006

First Week, First Sem

After speaking in the most courteous tone and flashing wide, puppy eyes, I was able to prerog three BA electives and finally have enlisted eighteen units. Whew. Now I just have to return the book I borrowed during summer and pay the fine due to complete my enrollment for the sem.

I have six subjects and four professors all in all. BA 115 and BA 126 (thanks to Alpha for giving me her slot) under Prof. Valcarcel and BA 102 and BA 175 under Prof. Alba. I hear not-so-good comments from people about them; I'll just have to see by myself if they're true. I am also taking up BA 151 under Imelda's doppelganger Prof. Acuna (who was less harsh and intimidating than I expected, maybe it's because of her sickness) and BA 192 under Mr. Aseoche (pronounce it with me: a'-se-o'-che), an Entrep course where we have to execute our business plans before the end of the sem. That means investing money and earning profits (net loss equals failing grade). So much for not taking Feasib.

This sem also, I no longer am a resident of Narra. All reserved slots were taken so those in the waitlist, including me, were not accommodated. Oh well, it's all my fault, not securing a slot early on. I'll just have to try again next sem. Forunately, with the help of my friend Tin (Bruha ka, maraming, maraming salamat!), I found a decent boarding house in Krus na Ligas (In fairness, it has not one but two TV sets with cable channels). I will be moving in on Monday. Super thanks, too, to Gian and the 1508 Roommates and to Judy and the Conti Sisters for allowing the homeless, palaboy me to stay in their places the past three days. :D

On a musical note, I just finished downloading Ultra Blue by Utada Hikaru. I love! Not surprisingly, it has been doing very well in the Oricon (Japanese counterpart of Billboard). Currently, I'm downloading Loose by Nelly Furtado. I really have high respect for singers who can and do write songs. Future download projects: Back to Basics by Christina Aguilera (August, 2006) and B'day by Beyonce (September, 2006).

Darling, darling, ah
Questions make me blue
Darling, darling, ah
Tell me something good


P.S. Thanks to Dia for the strawberry jam and to Judy for the souvenir keychain. And oh, I didn't attend the showing of Kubrador because I had no one to accompany me. Jazel had a 150-page reading to be discussed in class the following day; Dia had an interview, also the following day. Miss Jessica Zafra, I will see you someday. It's fated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

valcarcel and alba will both bore you to death. the former will give a low grade for any effort, while the latter will give a high grade for any effort. hehe.

Ivan said...

talaga? valcarcel reminds me of my deceased lola pa naman. connect?

Anonymous said...

alba? depende kaya. during our time he gave high grades to any guy (and for any effort). so ivan, magpakalalaki ka.

acuna? keep it up. ;)