Indulgence
Woke up yesterday feeling inexplicably down but reading the entry from a dear friend’s blog gave reason to my illegitimate depression. The Beginning of Goodbyes. I didn’t need to read beyond the title to know what the post was about. However, reading it wholly surprised me as it made me more upset.
I had been alone all along. I was just too busy to feel it. I want to change how you feel but that would be unnecessary more than it would be absurd. The best I can do is hope that you only came to a rash conclusion. If you really had been alone all along, then so had I. So had most of the people around us. And all together, we were happy being busy to keep us from feeling even the loneliness that would eventually consume us no matter how we escaped or ignored it.
Am I being nonsensical? Forgive me; this is my attempt to console you (and myself).
Surely, as experience has taught, this feeling will be short-lived. I am faithful the memories will not share the same fate. As for the moment, let melancholy drown and intoxicate the frail and the immature.
Woke up yesterday feeling inexplicably down but reading the entry from a dear friend’s blog gave reason to my illegitimate depression. The Beginning of Goodbyes. I didn’t need to read beyond the title to know what the post was about. However, reading it wholly surprised me as it made me more upset.
I had been alone all along. I was just too busy to feel it. I want to change how you feel but that would be unnecessary more than it would be absurd. The best I can do is hope that you only came to a rash conclusion. If you really had been alone all along, then so had I. So had most of the people around us. And all together, we were happy being busy to keep us from feeling even the loneliness that would eventually consume us no matter how we escaped or ignored it.
Am I being nonsensical? Forgive me; this is my attempt to console you (and myself).
Surely, as experience has taught, this feeling will be short-lived. I am faithful the memories will not share the same fate. As for the moment, let melancholy drown and intoxicate the frail and the immature.
4 comments:
Ivan! You're not alone. I'm here. I'll be around. :)
Achuchu. Ang drama ko. But seriously. :)
Wahuhuhu! I'm so touched. (Lower, lower!). Hehe.
I will definitely miss you. :(
And how many times do I have to tell you?
YOU"RE FAR FROM BEING PRETTY!
how about gorgeous?! :D
Post a Comment