One, Two, Three, Four, Fi..., Seven.
You think hearing which character dies in every Harry Potter release diminishes the utility (in layman's term, spoils the fun) before you even get to read the books on your own. What could be more anti-climactic, you ask. Let me tell you, I read books 1, 2, 3, 4; dabbled in the beginning of 5; skipped the entirety of 6; and finished 7 in PDF format in less than a week after the physical books started selling.
I don't know if I should feel proud or stupid. Proud because I finished reading 7 before most of those who acquired the hardbound copy did or will do. And stupid because I acted impulsively, carried away by the thrill of a lead of a mere day of laying eyes on the text over anybody else. (Credit to Jay for the PDF download link.)
Now, am I at the point of no return? Did I cross the line just as Sirius Black himself crossed the veil? If I go through 5 and 6, will I still be able to enjoy reading them, to appreciate the revelations they would present in the order intended by the author? Bakit ba ang drama ko? Titigil na nga e.
I love Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! The more sophisticated fiction readers out there would proclaim the same, I believe. Every tidbit of truth that unfolded outstood the one before it. HP7 is a very juicy gossip session in black and white. (Not exactly a comparison that would flatter JK Rowling most, but you know what I mean. Hehe.)
To be continued...
---
Kampyon daw ulit ang UP CBA sa StratMark. Well, I don't give a care; I'm not a caregiver! Ay, bakit tandang pandamdam? Dapat tuldok lang para mukha talagang hindi ako apektado. Haha.
You think hearing which character dies in every Harry Potter release diminishes the utility (in layman's term, spoils the fun) before you even get to read the books on your own. What could be more anti-climactic, you ask. Let me tell you, I read books 1, 2, 3, 4; dabbled in the beginning of 5; skipped the entirety of 6; and finished 7 in PDF format in less than a week after the physical books started selling.
I don't know if I should feel proud or stupid. Proud because I finished reading 7 before most of those who acquired the hardbound copy did or will do. And stupid because I acted impulsively, carried away by the thrill of a lead of a mere day of laying eyes on the text over anybody else. (Credit to Jay for the PDF download link.)
Now, am I at the point of no return? Did I cross the line just as Sirius Black himself crossed the veil? If I go through 5 and 6, will I still be able to enjoy reading them, to appreciate the revelations they would present in the order intended by the author? Bakit ba ang drama ko? Titigil na nga e.
I love Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! The more sophisticated fiction readers out there would proclaim the same, I believe. Every tidbit of truth that unfolded outstood the one before it. HP7 is a very juicy gossip session in black and white. (Not exactly a comparison that would flatter JK Rowling most, but you know what I mean. Hehe.)
To be continued...
---
Kampyon daw ulit ang UP CBA sa StratMark. Well, I don't give a care; I'm not a caregiver! Ay, bakit tandang pandamdam? Dapat tuldok lang para mukha talagang hindi ako apektado. Haha.
3 comments:
Haha I thought when you texted me you read the book... so you've read the leak as well pala. Ang cool talaga ng 7th but I wished you read the 5th and the 6th first baka kasi anti-climactic na. :D
well, makikita ko na lang pag nabasa ko na.
antaikuraimachikku ni naru no... wala lang. hehe.
i love the book except the epilogue. wahaha! it is so...er..usual? hehe.
baka may balak gawin si JK sa 19 years na di niya sinulat? more than twice the years covered ng HP series yun! wahaha.
Post a Comment