Innocent Porn
I caught an episode of this late-night Christian program. Actually, my mom was the one watching the TV while I was in front of the computer. Anyway, their topic was the "oversexification" of the entertainment media. So they went about discussing things like pornography, its widespread accessibility, its bad effects, and so forth.
Then, as usual, they showed case-studies-slash-testimonials. One was that of a married man who claimed to have been addicted to porn magazines. I think it's still within the bounds of normalcy, though. Anyway, the program went on telling that, as a result, the man developed an affair with another woman, blah, blah, blah. Later on, the featured case focused on the extramarital affair itself and ended completely oblivious of the porn addiction part.
I was like, "WTF was that?!" I even asked my mom sarcastically, "O, ano namang koneksyon ng pagkakaadik niya sa bold sa pagkakaroon niya ng kerida?" My mom just shrugged, then laughed. I mean, forchrissake logic's sake, they could have explained the psychological connection of the affair with pornography, but no! They didn't even pretend to attempt, those self-righteous idiots!
---
Back in high school, in Creative English class, I made a research paper on sexual deviation. One of my references, a book on abnormal psychology, cited the "unadulterated" findings of the Meese Commission (a copy of its report can be found in the UP MainLib) under Ronald Reagan's term regarding exposure to erotica and how it correlated to sexual crimes.
Related readings:
*Exposure to Pornography and Reactions to Rape
*No link between child porn and sexual abuse
*Pornography, Rape and Sex Crimes in Japan
*Pornography, Sex Crime, and Public Policy
I caught an episode of this late-night Christian program. Actually, my mom was the one watching the TV while I was in front of the computer. Anyway, their topic was the "oversexification" of the entertainment media. So they went about discussing things like pornography, its widespread accessibility, its bad effects, and so forth.
Then, as usual, they showed case-studies-slash-testimonials. One was that of a married man who claimed to have been addicted to porn magazines. I think it's still within the bounds of normalcy, though. Anyway, the program went on telling that, as a result, the man developed an affair with another woman, blah, blah, blah. Later on, the featured case focused on the extramarital affair itself and ended completely oblivious of the porn addiction part.
I was like, "WTF was that?!" I even asked my mom sarcastically, "O, ano namang koneksyon ng pagkakaadik niya sa bold sa pagkakaroon niya ng kerida?" My mom just shrugged, then laughed. I mean, for
---
Back in high school, in Creative English class, I made a research paper on sexual deviation. One of my references, a book on abnormal psychology, cited the "unadulterated" findings of the Meese Commission (a copy of its report can be found in the UP MainLib) under Ronald Reagan's term regarding exposure to erotica and how it correlated to sexual crimes.
Related readings:
*Exposure to Pornography and Reactions to Rape
*No link between child porn and sexual abuse
*Pornography, Rape and Sex Crimes in Japan
*Pornography, Sex Crime, and Public Policy
No comments:
Post a Comment