Tuesday, August 01, 2006

August Serenade

If you disappeared or even if you turned into a cat or a caterpillar, at first I'd cry a lot, but maybe eventually it'd make a good story. So today, let's talk a little longer on the phone than usual. I feel a bit guilty so I'll be nicer to you.

If you and I became friends and you gave me advice like you knew what you were talking about, I'd nonchalantly use it and then throw it in the trash. So today, let's take a walk. At night, the streets are empty. The moonlight makes most things look prettier.

So today, let's talk a little longer on the phone than usual. I feel a bit guilty so I'll be nicer to you. So today, let's take a walk. At night, the streets are empty. The moonlight makes most things look prettier.

Ha, I got you! It's the English translation of "Hachigatsu no Serenade" by Suga Shikao. In prose form. To fool you that it's another one of my cryptic entries. Haha. Had I posted the translated lyrics in its original, verse form you might not have read it in its entirety (I'm assuming you did read it in its entirety.) I know 'cause that's what I do ("Oh, verses. Next.")

Simple, happy, and unpretentious. The song may not make any sense but at least it's simple, happy, and unpretentious. Or so my complex, sad, and pretentious self thinks. Whatever. It's an insert song to an episode of the anime "Honey and Clover," season one. Since "August" is in its title and today is the first day of August, I decided to post it here. Whee! *Coughs* Excuse me.


Honey and Clover OST album art (click to enLARGE)

No comments: