Random,Trivial Joys for the Day
I entered my CWTS class just in time for the roll call. Ma'am finished checking the list and, my surname wasn't at all called. Again. I was sitting at the backmost row I could barely make out anything but mumblings from her, but I was sure she didn't call out "Rico". I approached her in front to have my name checked only to find out I wasn't in the class list yet. She must have misplaced the piece of paper she asked of me one of the previous meetings. She let me on her list write my name, the minute, green squares following it all blank and clean. Which means my previous absences and tardiness were disregarded.
Inside the Katipunan jeepney, I sat in front, near the opening. Thank God the driver was not smoking. The road between Malcolm and Romulo halls was not lit well so when I looked outside to my right, a very large and definite shadow of my head was hitting the sidewalk. As I was watching my own shadow I slowly bobbed my head, and the littlest of movements translated into sizable ones for the dark silhouette. It brought me back to my childhood, the powerless nights, my standing near the yellow candle on the lobby floor, my enormous head shadow covering the ceiling.
The smell of alimuom was in the Acad Oval air. Not too intense to actually nauseate and make me throw up whatever I've eaten for dinner. Just right, addictive, even. I wonder if marijuana smells the same.
^_^
I entered my CWTS class just in time for the roll call. Ma'am finished checking the list and, my surname wasn't at all called. Again. I was sitting at the backmost row I could barely make out anything but mumblings from her, but I was sure she didn't call out "Rico". I approached her in front to have my name checked only to find out I wasn't in the class list yet. She must have misplaced the piece of paper she asked of me one of the previous meetings. She let me on her list write my name, the minute, green squares following it all blank and clean. Which means my previous absences and tardiness were disregarded.
Inside the Katipunan jeepney, I sat in front, near the opening. Thank God the driver was not smoking. The road between Malcolm and Romulo halls was not lit well so when I looked outside to my right, a very large and definite shadow of my head was hitting the sidewalk. As I was watching my own shadow I slowly bobbed my head, and the littlest of movements translated into sizable ones for the dark silhouette. It brought me back to my childhood, the powerless nights, my standing near the yellow candle on the lobby floor, my enormous head shadow covering the ceiling.
The smell of alimuom was in the Acad Oval air. Not too intense to actually nauseate and make me throw up whatever I've eaten for dinner. Just right, addictive, even. I wonder if marijuana smells the same.
^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment