Thursday, July 27, 2006

I Cram, Therefore I Blog

Inspired by a friend's post. May tu Último rest in click-clackity-pressing-less peace.

I haven't even started writing my SONA reaction paper for BA 102, and I'm still less than halfway through my BA 126 readings. What's new anyway? Cram, cram, cram as I always do.

I have reached an advanced stage in cramming where the pressure just numbs me totally that I don't even try to accomplish what need/s to be accomplished. After a brief rush of adrenaline care of the guilt trip, I just sit back, relax, and watch all things crumble before me. Time and experience have heightened my threshold for disappointment and failure. The hell I care anymore. (Coherence stops here.)

At times, I just wish I'd win a million bucks so I could start my own business (or invest the money in high-return instruments because life would be easier like that). A high need for achievement, you say? I don't think so Maybe. More precisely, it's because no HR manager in his right mind would hire a crammer my type. No, I wouldn't work best under pressure. I wouldn't work, period. A complete waste of company resources, that's what I'd be. I bet that when a load of paperwork is piled on my desk I'd just stall, stall, stall and use the office connection to blog. Like what I'm doing now.

As the saying goes, "If dreams were horses, beggars losers would ride on them." I'd ride on stallion named Elle Bee Doo. WTF!

No comments: