Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Money Talks(eek!)

I'm trying to be the most diligent I can in posting nonsense here at least once a week. Because doesn't it annoy you when you chance upon only one update in a blog you actually read out of, like, the one hundred gazillion times you visit it? I do. (Do I sound like I'm insinuating you actually read my blog?)

Moooving ooon. It's payday today! Woot! I prefer the 30th more than 15th because monthly contributions are deducted on the 15th.

Anyway, four days ago I checked my mahiwagang sobre to find only two money bills left inside. I panicked and mentally computed if I could survive on the measly amount until the next payday. I also recalled if I had been spending that recklessly to leave me that cash-poor (or poor in general). I guess I was because normally I would ride a jeepney going to work, but because I had been waking late for work for the last couple of weeks, I had no choice but to take the taxi. That's like 80 pesos per ride, that's two meals' worth for me! Also, I might have been too generous for my own good, treating people out to lunch/dinner. Hehe, feelingera!

Good thing all was not lost, I still had cash-in-bank and A/R's. But that incident thought taught me a lesson (which I will soon forget) not only in curtailing expenditures but also in planning finances. I went as far as generating an exhaustive monthly expenses schedule. May sensitivity analysis pa akong nalalaman! It showed me that I could save as much as 500 pesos per week (500 per week pa rin yon, noh.)

Come February I'll be a bit richer because my new work shift will be 8:45PM-5:45AM (binutal pa ang puta), covering all hours for the night differential premium, plus our tender-loving company is thoughtful enough to shell out 2,000-peso "hazard pay" per month per employee. WTF, that's still 2,000. However, every instance of absence deducts 500 pesos from that so in reality, it's just our slave-driving employer's scheme to curb attrition and absenteeism.

I know I should be grateful for and take advantage of the low cost of living here in KNL. Parang pamprobinsya lang. However, I'm predicting rent here will skyrocket in th near future. Commonwealth Avenue is poised to be the next Ayala Avenue, loko! Haha.

So there goes my boring and petty entry. Ganyan talaga pag boring and petty rin ang life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hay I know the feeling... I need to start saving na rin talaga! :s

Goddess Levs said...

taught you a lesson, ateh. :p

Ivan said...

@dona

sabi nga ng nabasa ko dapat at least 20% ng gross pay mo eh. 0_o


@levs
o ayan na. hehe.