Saturday, January 12, 2008

Official First Day

I'm supposed to write about "Coffee Prince" and its male lead Gong Yoo. He's the new(est) love of my life. You should see him shirtless! Haha. I'll post about the series and him just after I finish watching the DVD: three episodes to go.



For the meantime let me tell you a bit about my first and current job. If you're still left in the dark, I'm a call center/call-center/callcenter agent *fidgets* in a certain company "C" along avenue "C". To be exact I'm a technical support representative for the AT&T Bellsouth Consumer DSL account. I receive calls from nine Southern US states and troubleshoot DSL hardware, software, and connectivity issues.

Honestly, I doubt myself because I'm feeling as dumb as the Americans I’m talking to. The job is harder than it sounds. I can say I'm comfortable when it come to things techie, but given our very wide scope of support, I need more time digesting completely whatever was bombarded to me during the barely-a-month, product training. And solving the customer's problem isn't all there is to it. While doing so, I must also adhere strictly to tricky procedures, pass subjective customer surveys, and effect impossible call-handling metrics. Constantly, I imagine myself getting terminated any time soon and it scares me. :(

I hate challenges, but I know I'm in no position to complain. I just force myself to see them as things that could help me improve as a person. (May ganyon?!) At times when even that couldn't console me, I just carry on and cry trying.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

yep, never underestimate the work of a call center agent. hahaha =) i've never been one but i have friends who are in the contact center industry and believe me, they all started out that way. good luck!

btw, i'm baaack!! after more than a year of hibernation, i have decided to resuscitate my writing skills. hehehe

Ivan said...

OMG, it's God! nagbalik ang Itim na Nazareno, hehe.

enpordat, i shall add you back to my blog links. i hope now you write more frequently (relatively). :D

Anonymous said...

Uy like ko rin si Gong Yoo, I bet you've seen him in My Tutor Friend, She's On Duty and Spy Girl na?! Pero KSW parin ahehe. :D

Scary nga evaluations brr... Good luck sa work!

Ivan said...

dona, tuloy tayo sa sat di ba? pahiram ng dvds ng She's On Duty at Spy Girl! :D

Anonymous said...

Ivan yeah tuloy tayo, sige sige remind hehe. Makakalimutin na ko kung minsan. P.S. May topak yung dvd ko ng Spy Girl nga lang -namimili ng player. ;)