Sunday, January 20, 2008

It Can Never Be Mine


I already finished watching "Coffee Prince" (CP). Too bad my DVD doesn't include the eighteenth, one-hour special episode. Oh well. Anyway, if you liked "Full House," I'm sure you'll enjoy watching CP as well.


So what kept me looking forward to every episode of CP? First of course was my Gong Yoo. Second was the homosexual theme around which the main conflict developed. Gong Yoo's character, after a period of self-denial and inner struggle, finally gave in to his feelings for and confessed his love to the lead female character with him knowing that she's a "he". Confused? Go and buy the DVD. My take on the series: Well, that's about it. Haha.

---
In losing precious sleep over a Korean/Japanese series, my primary (and sometimes my only) requisite is for it to feature at least a mouth-watering shengwa in the cast. It's a bonus if its plot is fresh and well-written. I'm a "visualist" rather than a "literaist", meaning I prejudge with what first hits the eye. That's short of saying I'm superficial (which I am).

Every once in a while there are those Korean/Japanese series that challenge my views on romantic love: that the care-free and the self-absorbed wouldn't ever fuss over such folly. That being in a romantic relationship is the exact opposite of preserving one's well-being. I realize, however, that such convictions (if you may call them) form as a manifestation of defense mechanism. I'm speaking both of the characters and myself.

In my case, I tend to over-appraise my intelligence (yeah, I am intelligent), but when it comes to appeal or just plain "likeability", I believe I am the last gay man on Earth (and I'm neither brandishing nor feigning modesty as the preceding parenthetical comment would prove). So what am I driving at? (I don't know, the urge to sleep is so strong as I type this.) It just feels pathetic, you know, squeaking senseless in kilig, then proceed to sobbing right after because of Gong Yoo's (or any shengwa's, for that matter) hotness. It doesn't melt you; it burns you. Add to that that you're emotionally stunted that your range would allow only up until obsessive (not to mention self-destructve) crushes.


Zzzzzz. ~_~

And every time I see your face
The oceans heave up to my heart
You make me wanna strain at the oars
And soon I can see the shore

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Borrow dvd Coffee Prince next time Ivan! Hehe. :D

Ivan said...

I shall lend you. Valentines'? Hehe. :D

Anonymous said...

Talaga? You're my date na ha. Oh, gabi lang ako pwede, wala ka bang pasok or anything? :D