Thursday, January 03, 2008

I’m Buck, Beaches!

A two-month long hiatus had served its purpose. It cleared my head and helped set my priorities. Now I can say I’m in a much better place (not the afterlife kind) than I was a couple of months back. It’s about time I resume blogging.

Dear readers, did you meesh me? Haha, feelingera!
---
Resolutions for the Rat


1. Never absent. In my classes and especially in my work. I couldn’t afford to do so lest I get terminated, hehe. Even in my affairs with my high school friends. Another one had left for the US. :( More of that in the next post.

2. Be punctual. Time is gold. Therefore I conclude that time lost is gold lost. Besides, it doesn't really help one’s image to be tagged as always being late. Even less for the not fashionable like me. (Huh?)

3. Be competitive. Because I’m competitive only some of the time (i.e. when there’s no competition). Exerting a little more effort makes a big difference. Well, I believe it should. (As if I haven’t learned that great expectations is a movie in which Ethan Hawke felt Gwyneth Paltrow up the skirt also lead to great disappointments, e.g. Wave-O Revolution.)

This Year of the Rat, I hope I could be as shrewd as a shrew (yucch, pinilit) when it comes to my finances. Dahil ika nga ni Meja at ni Judy Conti, “It’s all about the money.”

Mayaman lang ako sa apelyido. Currently, my meager salary wouldn’t allow me to achieve a status of filthy richness that can support my whims and caprices. Nowadays, even cheap thrills aren’t cheap anymore. The more pressing it is that I finish my degree. Already! (Anong petsa na?) After which, ika ulit ni Bb. Conti, “Be at the right place at the right time.” Swertehan factor ba.

For the meantime, I, Ivan Rico, a technical support representative of the world, would die trying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eek Ivuuhn! You indeed buck! Huugs!

Ivan said...

See you soon! :D *Hugs back*

Goddess Levs said...

ivanee! i meesh you! sana tuloy tuloy na ang pagblog mo. hehe. uy, sinipot mo ba sina gen sa libre mo? haha.