Selfish
People are naturally selfish. They are self-centered and self-absorbed. They act with the end, consciously in mind or not, of propagation and preservation of their selves and their interests.
There are those who, like me, subscribe to such opinion, and of course there are those who deny it, some with all their might or to the extent that their consciences can handle. Obviously, I would favor the former. Nonetheless, I have nothing against those of the latter kind. Whatever that lets them sleep at night, let it be. However, sometimes, and it can't be helped, their display of self-righteousness irks me, irritates me. In the end, I cannot totally blame them. People are selfish after all.
---
I'm sorry for purposely hurting your feelings. I realized I was being childish. By hurting you I just wanted to know how much significant I was to you. Yes, it is an unacceptable justification. With the fear of stretching the distance that vexed me in the first place, I now know the answer.
People are naturally selfish. They are self-centered and self-absorbed. They act with the end, consciously in mind or not, of propagation and preservation of their selves and their interests.
There are those who, like me, subscribe to such opinion, and of course there are those who deny it, some with all their might or to the extent that their consciences can handle. Obviously, I would favor the former. Nonetheless, I have nothing against those of the latter kind. Whatever that lets them sleep at night, let it be. However, sometimes, and it can't be helped, their display of self-righteousness irks me, irritates me. In the end, I cannot totally blame them. People are selfish after all.
---
I'm sorry for purposely hurting your feelings. I realized I was being childish. By hurting you I just wanted to know how much significant I was to you. Yes, it is an unacceptable justification. With the fear of stretching the distance that vexed me in the first place, I now know the answer.
No comments:
Post a Comment