Wednesday, March 07, 2007

For More Conflict

First and foremost, I would like to greet my blog a belated Happy 1st Birthday. As I mentioned to Alpha how the anniversary slipped off my memory despite my having anticipated it a couple of weeks before it, she asked me whether my blog had a name. Since it had none, right then and there I christened it "Ivantot". No-brainer, not to mention trivial, but whatever. Anyway, here's my very first post one year, one week ago.
---
One week after publishing here my very first post was "Vallots and Baxes". One year later, which was last night, I again volunteered to staff the BAC Comelec. Did pretty much the same things, although this time I squeezed "nano naps" in between strokes of vote tallies as I just wanted to flee the canvassing and sleep. I'm not one to complain though, especially what with the free food. How cheap, noh?

I remember making a promise that this year I would have been part of the Comelec for CE. Well, I hold no control nor enough influence over that. Virge says I am one of the "most partisan" people he knows and I beg to disagree. If the situation calls for it, I can act impartial(ly). Anyway, I believe the only way for one to be completely impartial is to be dead. So death to you, Virgilio. I kid.
---
The politics of CE elections have been a cause of stress (and, in serious cases, of comlpete obliteration of friendships) for any person closely involved in the organization and with the candidates, of course. For now all I can say is "Diyos ko po, have mercy on us (us being the candidate I'm rooting for, me and her supporters)!"

No comments: