Sunday, September 24, 2006

Pokerific

I didn't expect to win. Yeah, right. I did expect to win, but to put it more nicely, I hoped to win. And win did I. Yeah, baby!

Actually, I was close to disqualification even before the tournament began. I woke up at 9:15 AM when the set start time was 9 AM. Good thing SE Men were kind enough to move it to 10:30 and wait for me. Nah. They were hoping for more people to register.

The event started with a raffle, and Lucky Me Pancit Canton, I won a bottle of St. George blended whiskey. Not bad. In the elimination round, I was designated to a table with a cute, baby-faced, Chinito JMA-er (Here I go again.) Not bad. I placed second in our table (Raymond Silva, you know, Janna Garcia's Raymond, placed first) so that meant I qualified for the finals. Not bad.

There should have been a semis but the winners opted to have us eight in one final round. I was against it because I had higher chances of getting beaten in a table of eight players. I just reluctantly concurred lest I get beaten physically by seven, virile lads. I wouldn't want that, would I? Or wouldn't I? Joke.

But guess what, I managed to stay in the game until there were only three of us left. I must have been really lucky. Although, the chip leader was luckier. I went all in against him with my chips. I had a straight hand. The darn bastard had one, too. I lost at the turn of the river card. Fvcking shit.

I was aiming for first place and failed. Anyway, I had a fun time poker-ing and poker-facing people (I should be called Botox Boy.) At least, I realized I could be good at something: deceiving people. *Hisses*

Now, what to do with the whiskey? Hmm. And oh, I have a medal. Haha.

P.S. Thanks and congratulations to The UP Society of Emancipated Men. Special mention to the First Lady. Haha. I'll definitely join the next "Call or Fold" poker tournament next sem. And win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

who's the first lady? pasensya na, alam mo naman, nawawala na sa circulation e!

Ivan said...

ah, si leslie ng ops.

i bet you don't know her.