Romantic or existential?
You are looking at the cover art of Utada Hikaru's next album. It will be her last release before she goes on hiatus of indefinite length. Of course that doesn't mean anything to you unless you're a fan, but to me it's distressing. It's like that time when Mariah Carey had her breakdown (not the single) and that time when Destiny's Child announced their disbandment and that time when Kylie Minogue was diagnosed with breast cancer.
As much as I had you screaming "GAY!!!" at "Mariah," Utada had this to say regarding her hiatus,
"This period is going to be the period for me to face the real me as a person, by studying something new eagerly and humbly, seeing and learning things in this whole world I don't know yet. I think that's something that should be called 'human activities,' different from 'artist activities.'"
It really must have been tough for her, her second U.S. attempt not flying well as the first one. I think it was a contributing factor that lead to her decision. Just my opinion though.

No comments:
Post a Comment