Tukneneng
Prospect Employer did it again: setting false expectations. The second interview, as it turned out, wasn't the final one. Oh well, the gall of me to complain when I'm the one so desperate to get in the company. Anyway...
I was waiting inside a tiny room for the interviewing panel of three. Only two came in. One was this lady who seemed to be a UP graduate (she understood the shit I was blabbing about my shifting from BAA to BA) and the other one, a male shengwa, who sounded like an ex-pat (whom I later found out is Chinese and is the site director). All was going smoothly when in the mid part I had a me-and-my-big-mouth moment: I mentioned that I didn't pass the online assessment. The conversation halted and they asked for a quick moment. They skimmed through their papers (probably my profile) while I, with my head slumped and my eyes glued on my clammy palms, thought, "Way to go, idiot. You just ruined your chance." After a minute that seemed to be eternity, they apologized for the confusion and they resumed asking questions. I am one lucky bitch!
I stayed in the lobby after the interview to wait for Katty. We had a short chat. I looked at my cellphone: two missed calls from the HR contact person. I requested the receptionist to have her (HR contact person) on the phone. She scheduled my third, and hopefully the final (as she confirmed), on Tuesday. Eez deez reelee eet?
Prospect Employer did it again: setting false expectations. The second interview, as it turned out, wasn't the final one. Oh well, the gall of me to complain when I'm the one so desperate to get in the company. Anyway...
I was waiting inside a tiny room for the interviewing panel of three. Only two came in. One was this lady who seemed to be a UP graduate (she understood the shit I was blabbing about my shifting from BAA to BA) and the other one, a male shengwa, who sounded like an ex-pat (whom I later found out is Chinese and is the site director). All was going smoothly when in the mid part I had a me-and-my-big-mouth moment: I mentioned that I didn't pass the online assessment. The conversation halted and they asked for a quick moment. They skimmed through their papers (probably my profile) while I, with my head slumped and my eyes glued on my clammy palms, thought, "Way to go, idiot. You just ruined your chance." After a minute that seemed to be eternity, they apologized for the confusion and they resumed asking questions. I am one lucky bitch!
I stayed in the lobby after the interview to wait for Katty. We had a short chat. I looked at my cellphone: two missed calls from the HR contact person. I requested the receptionist to have her (HR contact person) on the phone. She scheduled my third, and hopefully the final (as she confirmed), on Tuesday. Eez deez reelee eet?
No comments:
Post a Comment