Friday, March 28, 2008

Sour-graping Rationalizing

Finally I bought my own portable music player (PMP). No, it's not an 80-GB iPod. I'm not that rich... yet, nor am I a fan of the MP3 file format (much less the AAC). I prefer my music files in 64-bit WMA: space-efficient. What, you're
bionic? You can distinguish the difference in sound quality given your plain audio speakers or headset? I don't think so.

Anyway, it wasn't really a planned purchase nor wa
s it an outright act of impulse. For the longest time, I've been contemplating buying a PMP, you know, like how one would idly daydream about a successful future career. Labo, noh? Speaking of career... okay, later. So I headed to Trinoma with a cheapipay, CD-R King-branded, 2-GB PMP in mind. Long story short, I ended up with a vagina-sounding something.


Brand: Kingston
Model: K-PEX 100
Memory: 2GB (expandable)
LCD: 2in color (220x176pi)
Playback Time: 17hr
File Formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, ASF / MPG, WMV, AVI, ASF
/ JPG, TXT

I've been drooling for the all-in-one N96, but that would have to wait for a looong time. Like loving you looong time. Like bridging the gap between your current and desired states. Labo ulit.

---
A couple of weeks back I took the employment exam of this company the name of which I shall withhold-- let's just pretend that you don't know and that I don't know that you know-- for it hurts my ego. I passed the first part which was an aptitude test. Well, that's a given. KAPAL! And *pluk*, I failed the second part which was a personality assessment of sorts.

What was I thinking?! Hoping with intestines crossed that I'd fit the personality profile the company is looking for. Even wet-dreaming that I'd reach the interview in which I'd dazzle them with my call-center soft skills. "Is this a good callback number? With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?" My ass!

"We encourage you to apply again in 12 months and consider the available opportunities at that time..."

Twelve months is a looong time. Soooper long. Soooper Stick. Awat na.


P.S.: Sorry, Kattyleegifford, no referral incetive GCs for you. Hehe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Natawa ako dun sa vagina-sounding-something mo ah. Hehe.

Aww sorry about the personality exam. I too suck at those. Jos.

Anonymous said...

The hell. Ako pala 'to. -Dona

Ivan said...

they've got to love me for what i am. the same way i love them for their high salary rates.

Anonymous said...

Lol. Nice one.

Vigile said...

it's their loss ivan. XD